OAKLAND COCKROACH CONTROL
Control your cockroach infestation with Oakland Cockroach Control before it infests your life
Call today at (510) 900-5995 and get a free estimate or quote.
Cockroaches can constitute a great nuisance in your home or business environment. But you don’t have to deal with it for too long. Here, we will be talking about cockroach control measures. Oakland cockroach control measures involve both preventive and elimination methods.
The first step is to know the kind of cockroaches you’re dealing with. The most common kind of cockroaches are the German cockroaches. These cockroaches are particularly drawn to water. Other kinds of cockroaches include Oriental and American cockroaches.
Cockroaches are mostly found where there is the perfect combination of warmth, food and moisture – waste deposits, kitchens, etc. They are active at every time of the year.
Why You Need Oakland Cockroach Control
Cockroach infestation poses a threat to your health and comfort. Delay is very dangerous. They transmit bacteria resulting in food poisoning, diarrhea as well as allergies. Recent findings indicate that it is second only to house dust as a source of allergies – including skin rashes. They also pollute the air in your home with their foul smell.
What’s more, they are disgusting, especially when they swarm in large numbers. Some cockroaches, especially the Madagascar cockroaches can also produce annoying sounds. Remember, for every stray cockroach you see, there are others hiding in your home. There is nothing like a ‘little infestation’. Cockroaches reproduce rapidly.
Give us a call at (510) 900-5995 for a free quote
Cockroach Control – Preventive Methods
- Daily Cleaning: Cockroaches breed mostly in dirty places. Rotten food items, moist flit – anything with enough moisture and food is perfect for cockroaches. You can handle this with constant cleaning. Once a while, reach out to hidden corners and crevices, especially places that are warm with plenty of moisture.
- Proper Food Storage: as stated earlier, cockroaches survive in areas containing food, warmth and moisture. For effective cockroach control, make sure that food items are properly kept especially in sealed containers. Furthermore, storing perishable items in the fridge will also help.
Cockroach Control – Eliminative Methods
- Locate Breeding Locations: For every single cockroach that waltz pass you, there are a couple of others hiding. The first step is to locate all of these breeding locations. Kitchens, in-house waste bins, basements and utility closets are usual hide spots.
- Boric Acid: This is very toxic to cockroaches with little toxicity to humans and pets. It is a very effective cockroach control measure and lasts for a long time. It is odorless.
- It is frequently used in homes, offices and restatements as an effective cockroach control measure.
- For best results, apply it in high traffic areas. High traffic areas are spots where cockroaches regularly visit and breed. This method works effectively in dealing with all kinds of cockroaches
- Cockroach Baits: You cannot search out every single cockroach, but you can draw them out. A cockroach bait consists of a food attractant containing a slow-acting insecticide.
- Cockroach baits are easily purchased over the counter. They are easy to use and do not emit odor. However, make sure it is contained in a child-resistant container to prevent handling by minors.
- Hire a pro: If you feel it is out of your control or you don’t have the time, you can hire a pest control firm.
Cockroach infestation should be dealt with immediately. Sometimes, you need to combine different measures. At other times, you might need to hire a professional. Whatever your approach, make sure your response is swift, effective and long-lasting.
Call us today – (510) 900-5995